Step Up SA

Cutting Edge News, Real Stories From South Africa

Suspended HOD to face the music today


Staff reporter

Bloemfontein – The suspended head of department at Public Works and Infrastructure, Mosa Masemene will today face the music after her precautionary suspension on the 26 February 2025.

The hearing is set to take place at 09h00 in DG’s boardroom according to sources in the office of the Premier.

According to sources Masemene will face three charges namely:

  • Secondment of an employee beyond 12 months without approval,
  • Withdrawal of charges against Khaya Radebe,
  • SABC interview with Premier’s spin doctor

“The notice of the suspension and the charge sheet have different content, in the notice, Masemene is accused of wasteful and fruitless expenditure but it’s not written like that in the charge sheet because they can’t prove the amount of wasted.

Also, it’s not unusual charges are withdrawn and/or reinstated, unless the plan is to get rid of her.

In fact when she got to Human Settlements she brought CFO and Chief Director who were facing criminal charges back to office after suspension and she was not charged for that but for Radebe, she is charged.”

Masemene and Joyce “Pretenders” Mathae, Free State Prenier have been at loggerheads months before the latter became a Premier and it’s about tenders as stipulated in the court papers last year.

To this day, Mathae has not refuted what Masemene said.

Another source said media statements and SABC interview charges are just frivolous.

“HODs do interviews all the time and accusing her of bringing government into disrupts is just pity and mean.”

In the same interview Masemene is charged for, Tshidi Setai, Premier’s spin doctor is also involved, it’s not like it’s two mutually exclusive interviews or she was responding to Masemene’s interview.

WATCH the interview in the story below.

Just this week, 23 April 2025, Timeslive carried an interview with Masechaba Sesing, Health HOD and in that interview, she allegedly said hospital CEOs are not paying SARS, but is she dragged for putting government into disrepute? No, not yet.

Sesing is the same HOD who used government money to fight PSC instead of using her money.

PSC also flagged usage of public purse in relation to Rampai Attorney briefed by Treasury.

In other news the hearing involving Muhammed Ismail did not sit yesterday, because Advocate Molotsi failed to honor the meeting.

The hearing will now continue on Tuesday, 29 April 2025, at 10h00.

This is the same Advocate Molotsi who we reported he will be appointed even before the job advert closed.

He was also involved in another case and that employee was dismissed.

You just can’t make this up.

This is a developing story.

To support our work please donate and use the below details:
Choane Group PTY LTD
First National Bank: 63110371703
Branch Code: 25074