Staff reporter
Bloemfontein – Hardly weeks after we reported a letter halting vacancies at the Free State Department of Health and purging hospital CEOs, there is more.
Step UP SA News can confirm that a Deputy Director at SCM dealing with contracts is stuck at Free State Health as her transfer from Education is still pending, but she has moved and now both Health and Education do not have DD for contracts.
According to sources, Advocate Mokhobo who was responsible for contracts at Education requested transfer to Health and before all processes were completed she started at Health on the 1st November 2023.
With Advocate Mokhobo now redundant at Health that meant the former acting DD, Sethunya has now been pushed back and as things stand Health does not have a DD, and Mokhobo has been instructed not to sign any documents.
Another source from Health who spoke on condition of anonymity said while the transfer is pending, secondment is being contemplated.
“Yes she is here and we are told a secondment is on the cards as she is part of the bigger plan.”
Asked what the bigger plan is our source said.
“The bigger plan is to get her into Health, once that is done she will act as Director and eventually be appointed.
If the secondment happens it would mean she is paid by Education while working for Health and her position can not be filled.”
As we previously reported, senior ANC members told this publication that the appointment of the Chief Director and Director for Health were discussed at the deployment committee meeting.

In February just after the provincial conference, we received the below WhatsApp text explaining in detail how the newly elected leaders will capture the government purse.

With at least three MECs having met with contractors it can only mean one thing and during the ANC Manifesto review contractors doing work with government-paid service providers, we know them.
On Thursday, MEC Leeto met with infrastructure contractors doing work with her department and according to sources, the aim is to raise funds for campaigning.
Other MECs who met with contractors are MEC Makalo Mohale and MEC Maqueen Mathae.
When we asked Hilary Mophethe, spokesperson for Police, Roads and Transport, this is what she said.
“We can not be oblivious to the fact that the quality of roads and related services is our mandate. The Executive Authority needed to communicate concerns and shortfalls of the expectation of the quality of work delivered by the contractors.”
Mondli Mvambi, spokesperson for Free State Health did not respond to our questions, and if you ever wondered why Free State was the only province featured in the state capture, now you know.
If you have news or tips please email us at news@stepupsanews.co.za or WhatsApp 0685000246


More Stories
A company with links to Patrick Phuti gets R97 million tender
“Cde Thabo is out of line” – Setai to Motsoeneneng
Women shot dead a few kilometres from Men’s Indaba venue