Staff reporter
Bloemfontein – The service delivery war room set up in the office of Free State Premier, Mxolisi Dukwana is turning out to be a war in its literal form.
This as far as leaked WhatsApp texts between the newly appointed Head of Department, Steve Tshabalala and former MEC for Sport, Arts, Culture, and Recreation, Dan Khothule.
Last month we reported of the appointment of at least four HoDs, with the announcement made at EXCO, the other three appointments announced were those heading the service delivery intervention team affectionally known as Lindela, a dumping zone.
According to the texts, what broke the camel’s back was the Khothule scheduling a meeting with departmental staff without Tshabalala’s knowledge and in return Tshabalala blocked the meeting.

Tshabalala told Khothule he is the HoD not him.
“Ntate Khusta I am the HOD of this department and you are not. You are not going to dictate how must I run this department. I am not going to attend that meeting and neither is any official from the department.
You may not respect me as a person but please respect the office I occupy. I am also leaving this group because I think it’s creation is to push anarchy and I do not have time for this madness”
In return Khothule said he requested Tshabalala to convene the meeting.
“I wish this platform to NOTE that I requested Steve Tshabalala to convene this meeting URGENTLY when we met at EXCO on the 4th October 2023 and he did not convene the meeting and I also requested him again to convene this meeting when we met at FOHOD in the Monday 9th October 2023 and I have just asked him now in FOHOD what his issue/problem really is and he says I did not create a WhatsApp group when I called Community Safety, Roads and Transport.”
At least two PEC members are putting the blame on Premier’s door as it seem the departmental staff are now reporting to Premier’s office.
“It’s clear there are no rules of engagement and the Premier must take full responsibility.
Why would departments report to Premier’s office when HoDs are there?
Worse, these three comrades who are not HoDs are now attending both EXCO and a forum for head of departments.”
This comes at the time where 5 HoDs and their MECs are at each other’s throat.
This is a developing story.
If you have news or tips please email news@stepupsanews.co.za or WhatsApp 0685000246


More Stories
A company with links to Patrick Phuti gets R97 million tender
“Cde Thabo is out of line” – Setai to Motsoeneneng
Women shot dead a few kilometres from Men’s Indaba venue