Step Up SA

Cutting Edge News, Real Stories From South Africa

“They are liars, what remorse?” ANC councilors in Mangaung accuse the party of lying

Staff reporter

BloemfonteinThe expulsion of eight ANC councilors in Mangaung Metro with others forgiven after they showed remorse has been disputed accusing the party of lying and challenging it to show evidence to support their remorse claim.

This is after ANC in the region told the media that eight councilors were expelled while pardoning three others for showing remorse. While at face value it looked like the decision was purely based on the election of the speaker but further probe show this is about the decision taken by the IRC in July 2022.

In the speaker election process, the ANC votes were 40 instead of 51, and if 11 councilors are believed to have voted with the opposition, and not the ANC then it makes sense that this number is linked to the speaker position as newly elected chairperson of the region lost to the DA. ( I AM NOT SURE WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO SAY)

According to sources, the decision to expel members is the same decision that was declared unconstitutional by the IPC which the current top 5 were part of.

“If you recall last year the IRC through Sabelo tried to expel us and the IPC wrote a letter to him quoting the ANC constitution and nullified that decision.

When Paseka Nompondo wrote that letter and nullified that decision Dukwana, Motsoeneng, Mahlatsi, and Makume were all part of the IPC and said nothing unless they now say they did not support that decision and it was Nompondo’s decision alone.

Now 8 months later the same decision that was declared unconstitutional is ratified by the same team that said it was unconstitutional “

Another source gave blow-by-blow details of what happened on Thursday and registered his disappointment with the Deputy Chairperson of the ANC and accused the regional leadership of lying.

“What we were subjected to on Thursday was inhumane, we were paraded like kids and shouted at by Motsoeneng and Makume. With Motsoeneng it was expected because even in Thabo Mofutsanyane he has always been like that, power goes to his head, and Makume disappointed me and the rest of the councilors.

He went on and on about how Magashule made them walk beside their shows and how we will experience that, that was low of him. Their obsession with Magashule is going to lead them astray. They stole the conference they must move on.

Everything else I can take but not lies, why are the regional leaders lying to the public and saying we showed remorse? Who showed remorse? They must provide evidence.”

In conclusion, our source said they have asked Mathew Phosa to challenge their expulsion and said other parties are preparing for national elections while his party is purging those expected to campaign for it.

“We have since asked Mathew Phosa to take an appeal and if needed take the ANC to court to interdict the bi-elections pending the finalization of this matter, I mean that’s how they got their seat in the IPC, court right?

Today(Sunday) the IEC is launching voter registration and the EFF is also launching voter education while the ANC is cleaning, this tells you about the current crop of leaders we have now.”

ANC was also accused by AASD after claiming the acting Municipal Manager, Tebogo Motlashuping didn’t have authority, AASD provided a letter in support of Motlashuping’s extension.

Jabu Mbalula did not respond to our questions despite reading our texts.

If you have any news or tips please email us at news@stepupsanews.co.za or WhatsApp 0685000246